AHEPA, which stands for "American, Hellenic, Educational Progressive Association", was founded on July 26, 1922 in response to the widespread discrimination against immigrants from Greece. It also helped Greek immigrants assimilate into American society.
The mission of AHEPA is to promote the ancient Hellenic ideals of education, philanthropy, civic responsibility, integrity, and family and individual excellence through community service and volunteerism.
Application for membership is open to anyone who believes in the mission of the organization. The Chapter of AHEPA at Annunciation participates in many activities throughout the year. Here are some of our most recent projects:
- Help prepare and serve the Community Meal at Reconciliation Services.
- Provide a $100 scholarship to the Senior and Junior winners of the annual Oratorical Festival.
- Prepare the parish dinner in celebration of The Feast of the Annunciation and Greek Independence Day.
- Provide the Reception following church services on Pascha (Easter).
- Host Coffee Hour once a month after church services on Sunday with the help of Daughters of Penelope
- Assist other parish organizations with special functions whenever possible.
- Help with landscaping church grounds by trimming bushes and cutting tree limbs
- Prepare the parish's Thanksgiving Dinner. Proceeds from this dinner are used to provide our youth scholarships to Camp Emmanuel.
- Parish recycling program collecting bottles, cans and paper.
If you would like to learn more about AHEPA or get involved, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Ahepa